Milner Milner Commercial logo

Milner Commercial
Chartered Surveyors

01332 734 734

Quick Search…



« List all services

Commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) have been required by law since 4 January 2009. If your building is due to be sold or rented, you will need to have an EPC to give to the new buyer or tenant. You'll also need your EPC for inclusion on marketing material. Energy Performance Certificates for commercial property are stored on the National Register and remain valid for 10 years, or until a newer certificate is issued. Failure to provide a commercial EPC can result in a fine of £500 - £5000 and you will still need to get your certificate, even after you've paid the penalty.

However, not all buildings need energy performance certificates. Our specialist surveyors can advise whether your property falls into a category that's exempt from the requirements, saving you time and money. Should you need an EPC, we can advise you on the process and help you get one.

For more information, or to find out if you need a commercial EPC, please email or 01332 734734.